13th December 2023
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered for employment for the position of Investment Executive (MIC/IE/13/12/23).
Qualification and Experience
- Cambridge Higher School Certificate with three (3) subjects at Principal Level at one and same sitting; and
- A Bachelor’s degree or a combination thereof in Investment / Finance / Actuarial Science from a recognised University or any qualification acceptable to the MIC, and
- A Postgraduate degree from a recognised University or any qualification acceptable to the MIC.
- Professional qualifications relevant to the above fields will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant post-qualification working experience in credit/investment analysis.
- To develop and analyse economic, financial and other relevant information and/or data required for the attainment of the objectives of the organisation.
- To conduct the evaluation and reporting of the progress in the implementation programmes and objects of the organisation.
- To conduct analysis of applications for investment.
- To appraise business plans, perform due diligence exercise and financial analysis.
- To collect economic and financial information of business, industry and market conditions for the purpose of investment decisions and identify new business opportunities.
- Perform such related duties as may be assigned.
Specific Skills Requirements
Successful candidates, should have the following skillset:
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Understanding of the Mauritian and global economies, and sound knowledge of statistical methodologies and quantitative methods
- Understanding of domestic/international financial markets and products
- Ability to conduct research and analysis
- Ability to prepare high quality pitch materials and deliver presentations
- Strong financial modelling skills
Competence and Behavioural skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Structured thinking and proficiency in report writing
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Integrity, Confidentiality and Reliability.
- High Sense of Professionalism & Ethics
- Results driven
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
The position will be on the permanent and pensionable establishment of the MIC, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probationary period of one (1) year.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate(s).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, along with an updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and a photocopy of all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of any experience claimed) may be submitted on email@example.com OR in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd
Level 4, The Docks 2, United Docks Business Park
Caudan, Port Louis
The deadline for the submission of applications is latest by Friday 22nd December 2023.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The Institution reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.