THE POSITION OF CHIEF
PROJECTS OFFICER (MIC/CPO/02/23)
10 February 2023
The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC) is a private limited company having as objectives, amongst others, to support and accelerate the economic development of Mauritius and to build a savings base for the citizens of Mauritius.
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Chief Projects Officer. The person will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of the MIC.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Cambridge Higher School Certificate with three subjects at Principal Level at one and same sitting; and
- A postgraduate degree preferably in Business Administration/ Economics/ Finance/ Project Management/Real Estate Investment or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the MIC, with at least seven (7) years relevant post qualification working experience including in property Management.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer in the full project life cycle: creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project’s scope, budget, justification, expected business impact, and establishing the right project governance;
- Continuously overseeing projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets, aligned with business expectations and meeting deadlines;
- Ensure that proper communication is in place between all parties;
- Facilitate decisions between management team and contractors/consultants;
- Ensure smooth running of projects at all times:
- Project Planning and Tracking
- Management of project issues, risks, problem reports and project variations;
- Monitor and evaluate actual with expected project benefits on a regular basis;
- Prepare weekly progress reports for Management;
- Promoting, drafting new and improving existing Project Management Office policies and processes;
- Ensure good record management of all property related documentation;
- Maintain and protect all assets of the property portfolio;
- Ensure that properties are properly maintained and managed in accordance to approved standards to achieve high returns;
- To critically assess technical and financial information;
- Evaluate actual with expected project benefits on a regular basis;
- Evaluation of Request for Proposal and recommendation of selected partners;
- Prepare written reports for Board and Investment Committee, with focus on conciseness and key commercial issues;
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer in any other task, as may be assigned; and
- Perform such related duties as may be assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
The successful candidate should have:
- Good Leadership and Team Management skills.
- Significant analytical and quantitative skills.
- Time Management skills.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both in written and oral English and French).
- Ability to develop a communicative and trustful working atmosphere in which staff members feel
- Ability to use judgement, and show initiative and independence.
- Ability to work under pressure and to think ‘out of the box’.
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position will be on a two-year contractual basis, with possibility to convert into permanent and pensionable establishment of the MIC.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, along with an updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and a photocopy of all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of any experience claimed) may be submitted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications may also be submitted in a sealed envelope, along with the above-mentioned documents, with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd
Level 3, Bank of Mauritius, Old Building
Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis.
The deadline for the submission of applications by Friday 17 February 2023 at 16hrs00 latest. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The MIC reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.